- Mainstream media outlets did not really care about the idea of
going on a search for Osama bin Laden's body, did they? Just show the pictures and the film already.
- Anthony Weiner finally jumped into the cold pool and found some shrinkage.
- Hello Illinois: First the bad news. In the next
few years, tax breaks for at least 107 companies run out, including the film industry credit. What next? Have them threaten to take their business elsewhere and then have the governor come crawling? That does work. And some good news. We reported that "Superman: Man of Steel" would indeed call Illinois home and it is here as casting calls went out. Plus, the series "Powers" will start shooting as will "The Playboy Club." That is for those stations (not KSL) that will air it. Kelsey Grammar and his "Boss" will wrap up by July.
- Oprah leaves and then realizes she must keep herself in the headlines with this: "I have a dream O.J. confesses to me." A nightmare to some and a dream to others. And surely a ratings bonanza if it happens.
- "Green Lantern"
- "Mr. Popper's Penguins"
- "The Art of Getting By"
SOURCE: Box Office Mojo
Notes: I watch "Gossip Girl" because of Blake Lively so
why not "Green Lantern"? You will not hear many critics get to the point that fast and that simply, I'm guessing. OK, here's a thought. We need a comedy and Jim Carrey needs a hit. People like penguins so here, wait, yes, I got it. Next. I know, it was a book. The film was to be released in August, but no more. Here's my guess on that, though. School will be starting in August and this is a kid movie.
- The NHL final was the most-watched hockey game in 38 years, says
Nielsen. Meanwhile, my favorite night time funny guy, Jimmy Kimmel, continues to make up ground.
- In order for us to throw the "annual" on the title, we need it to go on, as in the Broadcast Television Journalist Association’s Critics’ Choice Television Awards. They will be handed out Monday.
Best TV Drama Series:
- There are 10: “Boardwalk Empire” (HBO), “Dexter” (Showtime), “Friday Night Lights” (DirecTV), “Fringe” (Fox), “Game of Thrones” (HBO), “The Good Wife” (CBS), “Justified” (FX), “The Killing” (AMC), “Mad Men” (AMC) and “The Walking Dead” (AMC).
Best TV Comedy Series
- Also, 10: “Archer” (FX), “The Big Bang Theory” (CBS), “Community” (NBC), “Glee” (Fox), “Louie” (FX), “Modern Family” (ABC), “The Middle” (ABC), “The Office”
(NBC), “Parks and Recreation” (NBC) and “30 Rock” (NBC).