Elvis Presley has been awarded his first Diamond Award for “Elvis’ Christmas Album” (1970 Camden Version) (CAL 2428). The original version of this album (LOC 1035) was the fourth album by Presley released in October 1957 on RCA Victor Records and the music was recorded at Radio Recorders in Hollywood.
First look at a movie poster not yet being talked about much...
Selmi's, Rock Falls, Il
Open daily from 9am - 6pm Sept 24 - Oct 31
Selmi’s Annual Fall Festival features a petting zoo, corn maze and barn playland for younger kids, weekend horse drawn wagon rides, many outdoor displays and much more! Pumpkins, gourds, apples and gift shop will put Selmi’s at the top of your family tradition!Selmi's is located at 1206 Dixon Ave in Rock Falls. http://www.selmi.com
Timber Lake Playhouse in Mt. Carroll present "The Rocky Horror Picture Show Oct. 30
Quad Cities Metro
Great Pumpkin Patch
Open daily 10a - 8pm until Oct 31st
We're now in our 15th year! Come and ride the train, take a hayride, and explore the straw and corn maze. Enter our haunted house if you dare. Check out all our animals, shop in our gift shop and purchase fresh homemade pies! Open early for booked schools or groups by request. Entrance fee: $1.00 per person Sat & Sun, free admission to the farm Mon – Fri. Check our website for individual attraction prices.
The Great Pumpkin Patch
16470 Black Rd, Lyndon, IL
Trail of Terror
Northwest Illinois invites you to travel our Trail of Terror from September 1st through October, and experience our fall festivals & events, haunted happenings, and pumpkin patches during this Halloween season.
The Trail of Terror will thrill and delight you as you travel from one Haunted Happening to another. Stay at any one of the area's Hotels, Bed and Breakfasts or Cabins which are rumored to be haunted at this time of year. From Haunted Happenings to antiques and crafts, festivals, and pumpkin patches, you'll find plenty to do in Northern & Northwest Illinois! We welcome you to travel the spooktacular Trail of Terror which will thrill and delight you. Travel through any of the following counties to experience the fun! Carroll, DeKalb, JoDaviess, Lee, McHenry, Ogle, Stephenson, Whiteside or Winnebago.
Call 1-800-678-2108 or click here for your FREE Trail of Terror Brochure!
The Rock Island District annual fright night. This is a family focused event that includes a treasure hunt, scary stories, Halloween crafts, and a kids costume contest. A Halloween party just for kids!
Time: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Web Site: http://ridistrict.com/Events/Events/Fright-Night.aspx
Children can enter the costume contest, get their fortune told, and learn about the history of Halloween and much more. Event is free with paid admission
Pumpkins will be for sale and displayed in the outside gardens and Sun Garden. Scarecrows on exhibit starting October 4 along with a hay bale maze
Time: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Youth (6-12yrs) $3.00
Kids (2-5yrs) $1.00
Children under 2 free
Members of the Quad City Botanical Center and Pumpkin Pass holders are Free.
Location: Quad City Botanical Center 2525 4th Avenue Rock Island, IL 61201
A Halloween party at Gilda’s club with fun for the whole family! Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Outdoor Movie (following party, bring lawn chairs and blankets)
Time: 5:00 pm
Location: Gilda's Club 1234 E River Dr, Davenport, IA
Davenport Parks and Recreation and The Friends of Credit Island will be having the third annual “Haunted Island” on Credit Island. The Spooky fun begins a two night event, Saturday October 8th & Saturday October 22nd. Start your night out at 7 PM with Vera Blevins, wildlife rehabilitator, of Hartland Bat World. She will inform you on the good things bats do for us and will have her live bats to share. There will a $1 entrance fee for 3 years and up taken at the door. After the bat presentation about 8pm, you can take a hayrack ride around the island, be prepared to be scared and sit by the campfire and listen to a Story Teller for a separate fee. There will be concessions available in the Lodge.
Date: October 8, 2011 and October 22, 2011
Bat Presentation 7:00 pm
Hayrack Ride 8:00 pm
Location: Credit Island Credit Island Park, Davenport, IA
Skellington Manor is kicking off the 2011 Haunt Season with our 3rd Annual Monster Costume Ball. Join us for a night of unforgettable Monster Mayhem with performances by the “Devine Femme Fatal – Burlesque Le Moustache” ,” The Magic of David Casas”, Scary-oke with DJ Jaime Jorgensen- Most Wanted Productions, “Thriller performance by Zumba in the QC”, a Sneak Peek of Terror – Voted one of the top 10 Pro Haunts in Illinois!!
Crazy Comedians, Prizes and Surprises!
This is a 21 and over show!! Cash Bar
Doors open 7:00 pm
Party 8:00 pm – 12:00 am
$20.00 in Advance
$25.00 at the door!
For more info call 563-344-9187. You can purchase tickets at Ragged Records (Davenport) or online at www.terroratskellingtonmanor.com
District Bonetard Boogie
Presented by The Daiquiri Factory
This year the event is open to all ages!
Date: October 29, 2011
Time: 7:00 pm
Web Site: http://ridistrict.com/Events/Events/Boneyard-Boogie.aspx
Location: The District of Rock Island 18th St and 2nd Ave, Rock Island
First full week breakdown...with Thursday still to go...UPDATE: "Grey's" returns strong as does "The Big Bang Theory" which is a show I have no idea why it's a hit. Much like "How I Met Your Mother." I will put "Fringe" on the bubble again but my guess is they will wrap the story line up this season anyway...new sitcoms will struggle as is evident with "Whitney" at 6 mil.
"Men" did great ratings but I expected more and, truth be told, so did many in Hollywood...though the fragmented audience, this is darn good...football is off to a great ratings start in prime time...
Other notes on shows:
- "2 Broke Girls" got the biggest bump for a show many had under the radar, or not at all. But, the language and the over-used "pushing the envelope" is iffy on this one. But, at 19 mil., we can't argue yet until the third episode. Why the third? "Men" is no longer on the "reboot" as the two-parter is done.
- I did not like "Up all Night" or "New Girl" and wanted to like both of them. The use of a non studio audience hurt on this and yet, the tried and true studio audience, can hurt many shows. Hmmm. I like Zoey and Christina very much and want them in a show...tweak these puppies and we will see. Of both of them, there numbers were about the same for the first show (10-11 mil) but that was good for "New Girl" but not for "Up." When the show is on and what is it up against does matter.
- Wow, the new season started with low numbers for shows, favs and all, until CBS started up with their reliable dramas. Plus, "Unforgettable," a risky title, got 14 mil out of the gate.
- I love "The Ringer" on the CW. Check that one out.
- A weak double "Modern Family" surprised me since it is fresh off their Emmy win for Best Comedy.. Weak as in the show, that is. "The Middle" is one show I hope more people start watching. Oh, it's on before "Modern Family." The ratings were fine at 14-15 mil., however. "The X Factor" opened weak with 12 million. No spin here, that was bad.
- Meanwhile, "Roseanne's Nuts" is axed and "Up All Night" already a bubble show as is "Parenthood," which spent last year there as well.
UPDATED...SEE, BELOW TURNED OUT ON...for Comedy Central it was huge but come on, it's Comedy Central..not even in double digits..but still good for that channel...I, however, may be one of the only ones who thought "Men" should have garnered more than 28 mil...6.4 for roast vs Men at 28 mil...yeah, Charlie wins that night, at The Emmys and watching his own funeral on TV and taking home $25 mil right away and then $100 mil...
UPDATE 8.10.11 - Ashton Kutcher to make $700,000 per episode...
UPDATE 8.7.11: I have learned that the funeral is being shot now: cast (that means every single person involved signed a confidentiality agreement. In other words, shut up or you get no money and may "never work in this town again." It's now done and, well, we will see.
"Two and a Half Men" will surely see huge ratings when it returns. It will air on CBS the same night as Comedy Central's roast of Charlie Sheen. No worries, as that channel has great ratings when it reaches 5 million. It would have to do that 4 times to get close to what "Men" will get. More headlines are given to that than people really care - - because of Jon "I hate Republicans no matter what" Stewart and Steven " Libs love me because I play a right winger, but not one in real life" Colbert. Who are the delusional ones?
9.21.11- Univision Finishes 2010-11 Season As the Only Top Five Network to Deliver Audience Increases in Key Demos while ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX Reported Audience Declines
CHARLIE SHEEN AND COMEDY CENTRAL ARE A WINNING COMBINATION!
“ROAST OF CHARLIE SHEEN” SETS RECORDS ACROSS MULTIPLE SCREENS
AND LEADS COMEDY CENTRAL TO ITS HIGHEST-RATED, MOST-WATCHED
ROAST IN THE HISTORY OF THE FRANCHISE WITH 6.4 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS
"Superman: Man of Steel" will move to Vancouver where it will film through January 2012.
They will film in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island...
The Dark Knight Rises is filming in Los Angeles
from 4:30pm til 10pm at 650 S Spring St
from 4am til 10pm from the 21st til 23rd at 433 S Spring St
NEW YORK (MainStreet) — The holiday season may still be a few months away, but Toys R Us has already put together its Hot Holiday Toy List, giving parents a look at the 15 products their kids will likely be begging for between now and the end of the year.
Facebook Combines Most Recent And Top News Into A Single Feed, Adds A Real-Time News Ticker (Inside Facebook)..so, we really do not want or like change...is hope, next?...I talk about all this stuff first on AM 1240 WSDR before many do..in fact, the morning show with Brian, Cathy and Danette touch on these matters as well, then I take it after their shift is over...check that out...long before everyone else goes nuts...we will also react after it makes the rounds...full service...
Much of the BS I talk about is now popping (see facebook and now, GPS report). It's a WONDER when people first see these products, they do not look ahead at the unintended consequences. Not only in them, but many things in life like Obamacare, etc. No, that doesn't mean we do not look forward, but, at times, there is nothing wrong with things they way they are, like TV. I hate digital, and they promised more channels. That did not happen if you just got the box (mandated change). I have less on that TV, plus it always goes in and out. And 3D is old already. They are now touting 2D in ads. Hmmm. When this "great" technology came along, I always noted that they will track you, whether you like it or not. Well, On Star users, the truth is here. And even if you stop the services, wow. Well, head's up: implants will be inserted into your body for health reasons and to be sold as "good for you." Putting your records online will streamline eveything and WILL BE SAFE. The Pentagon cannot protect information, so how will putting my health records online be safe? And banking ino. Plus, that stupid IPass crap...no way will I get that...this is notg freedom, it's tracking and enslaving us...
UPDATE: Asian carp crap..people looked at my like a deer in headlights when I noted we should eat them when this first surfaced...OK, now, though...huh? Follow the money...Illinois Plans to Feed the Hungry With Asian Carp, an Invasive Species
Oh, No! Facebook's Got More
PART THREE OF NOTEBOOK..OTHERS ARE NOW ON TIM'S BLOG:
I "wet myself with excitement" was a recent quote from Jane Lynch, host. It was because she saw a "Glee" promo while watching football.
From the Hollywood Report Q&A:
THR: Jane, what advice would Sue
Sylvester have for "Jane Lynch, Emmy
Lynch: "Make sure it's all about you, and find some way to claim all of the awards for yourself."
* Look for a pre-taped intro from Jane Lynch doing a Billy Crystal-style ecene.
* From Fox: FOX, in partnership with the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, will bring clean energy to the 63RD PRIMETIME EMMY(R) AWARDS airing live Sunday, Sept. 18 (8:00-11:00 PM ET live/5:00-8:00 PM PT live) on FOX. Solar panels will provide power to the Primetime Emmys red carpet and, for the first time ever, FOX will donate the solar panels and the red carpet to local charities after the event. In addition, the 390-foot red carpet is the largest ever to be lit entirely by low-energy LED and fluorescent lighting. This year's red carpet is made from 25,000 square feet of locally-sourced recycled carpet, produced in the only LEED-certified carpet facility in the world. Made from 50% recycled content, the carpet will be donated after the awards to the Ronald McDonald House Long Beach and to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles.
- No word if we paid for the initial investment or if it will go out on business, however. Plus, they can now enoy those Green Smoke things, too. Oh, there's more:
- · All signage will be printed with water-based inks either on recycled aluminum by AoSA or on eco-friendly and biodegradable materials.
- Locally grown and/or organic foods will be provided by Chef Alan Jackson of Lemonade and served to production staff, press and event guests.
- A full recycling program is in place throughout the main show, media
center and red carpet area to collect waste from batteries, paper, bottles,
plastic and food.
- OK, no, they will not be reusing the food.
* Rumors got stronger for a Sheen show up and to present. Why not?
"Men" starts again Monday opposite his roast, with mashed potatoes. By the way, Jon Cryer, his one-time friend and costar, has won an Emmy for that show.
* Is "Modern Family" ready for the upset if they lose. That is what is flying around.
* I have never like "The Big Bang Theory" but its star, Jim Parsons,
is primed to win again - - but, after a slip where he ripped others last
time, may haunt him. Hollywood likes him and the show for some reason.
* E's own Giuliana Rancic noted that because an extra didn't show up for rehearsals, she took over. See, all things are rehearsed, including the walk on the carpet, by extras and stand-ins. It's a good gig, if you can get it. So, not showing up will hurt that person.
* Celebs played "Angry Birds" for charity.
* Once again, the carpet is 390-feet long (25,000 square feet).
* No golf carts will
be used by staff and crew. Bikes will now be used...come on...sometimes it is hard for me to report this stuff when you think of the r4eal waste that takes place for these events. See, I do not care because I know that going in. Like a concert. It happens and will happen.
* Pre-Emmy parties are still going on which means drunken people are all over. And they say the Golden Globes is the best party. It is not. They drink at all of them, just not on TV like the Globes.
* Even thoug h she is the host, most think she will not win
again. It may go to Betty White or Sofia Vergara.
Emmy prep and notebook:
- Anybody seen my double in Rock Falls...? I understand he took my car and went somewhere???? I will get that bill later. And, are the workers doing anything on the roof and balcony this weekend?
- Party at W kicked some tail. Plus, media actually was able to partake in gifts, food and schmoozing...
- There is a Death by Chocolate drink.
- I still follow my policy: I do not eat in public.
GOVERNOR'S BALL: Over 3,000 people to attend. It will be at the L.A. Convention Center, which to me sounds odd. It is near the Nokia.
- Tonight (Saturday), parties are at: NBC, Spago in West Hollywood; Showtime at Mondrian's Sky Bar (great venue).
- Sunday parties as of now: AMC and its slew of shows, will party out of sight from L.A.; HBO, Pacific Design Center (basically a mall). I will post a link to all of them.
- Hollywood Reporter has noted Charlie Sheen will be presenting an
award - - to himself. No, not that, but if this pans out, wow, fun.
- By the way, Ryan Seacrest was named Broadcaster of the Year. Jealous? You bet, but he shows up, does the research and work. Good job.
- In a earlier report, I noted that Jane Lynch is only the third women to go solo as host. The other two were Angela Landsbury in 1993 and Ellen DeGeneres in 2005.
- Here's what producer Mark "Survivor" Burnett says of the show. It will have many film clips, spoofs and all on a pace we will enjoy.
- Simon Cowell has now entered the "too much plastic" club.
- The TV academy has over 15,000 members while the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences, not yet 3,000.
NOMINEE RECEPTION WAS FRIDAY, the menu...Wolfgang Puck, of course: sweet corn tortellini, heirloom tomato salad, roasted chicken, striped sea bass and slow braised short ribs. Oh and, cupcakes and brownies.
FOX will kick off the biggest night on television with COUNTDOWN TO THE EMMYS, the official live pre-show hosted by Emmy®Award-winning entertainment reporter Nancy O’Dell, Emmy®Award-winning television reporter Mark Thompson and television personality Amanda Byram, on Sunday, Sept. 18 (7:00-8:00 PM ET live/PT 4:00-5:00 PM PT live) on FOX. The Live one-hour special will capture the star-studded arrivals of Primetime Emmy nominees, presenters and special guests.
The star-studded evening continues with the 63RD PRIMETIME EMMY® AWARDS, airing live in all time zones (8:00-11:00 PM ET live/5:00-8:00 PM PT live). Hosted by Jane Lynch and executive-produced by Mark Burnett, the Emmys will celebrate the year’s best television programing.
* Remember, 74 awards already handed out Sept. 10. Yeah "Futurama."
* "Glee" cast will be heavily involved (why not, it's on Fox).
* Only the third time a woman has gone solo as host.
* Jane's memoir release is timing GOLD. It is called "Happy Accidents."
* She, as I did, graduated from Illinois State University. She in 1982; me in 1986.
- When she won: "I want to thank my parents (South Side, Chicago) for raising us to the sounds of musical theater, and for being so unintentionally funny."
- She called her ISU teacher "Dragon Lady." That would be Jean Scharfenberg, who was loved by many, including Lynch. Other huge impact at ISU, she notes in Illinois State: Don LaCasse. She was awarded a masters from Cornell after ISU.
- Her "Glee" costar, Matthew Morrison, has noted in many interviews that Lynch cracks her up so much in reheasals because of her improv skills.
* She, as I have not, has won an Emmy. Also, she was nominated for "Two and a Half Men" in the past. Yes, she was Charlie's shrink. Good stuff.
* She has dished that Snooki will show up; and how people believed her comparing "Jersey Shore" folk to the Beatles is beyond me. A joke, it was.
* The Red Carpet is 390-feet...the Nokia Theater is across from The Staples Center (Lakers play there). Again, 390-feet. Long, long carpet walk.
* Look for multiple screens as this is common for that theater. Almost too much at times.
* I have been told that Betty White will have the best seat in the house Sunday night.
Jane Lynch: I can sleep now that Emmy show is near
Boston Globe - Derrik J. Lang, Mike Cidoni Lennox -
Jane Lynch rolls
out red carpet as Emmy host
Derrik J. Lang, Mike Cidoni Lennox
Jane Lynch's Long
Road to the Emmys
The Atlantic - Kevin Fallon
Throughout The Years, From
'Best In Show' To 'Glee' (PHOTOS)
'Happy Accidents' heartfelt, funny
Houston Chronicle - Emily Fredrix
Emmys 2011: What
should and shouldn't be on this year's Emmycast
Zap2it.com (blog) - Joel Keller -
Jane Lynch Opens Up About Motherhood, 'Happy Accidents' &
Charlie Sheen In ...
PopBytes (blog) - Crystal Bell -
Not all done by me, of course. Other parties linked and sourced. LINK TO SOURCES RIGHT HERE. I DO NOT CLAIM TO BE THE AUTHOR OF ALL THAT IS CONTAINED HERE.