Scope it, as in Horoscope: Be careful of being an overnight success. Those nights often mean more than just one night, don't they?
Bonehead Tip of the Day: When you change your schedule to accommodate someone else, including a coworker, the one thing that is impossible to explain is it changes your medicine cycle as well. Try to not get mad over that one.
The List: The List: TV notes: "American Idol" returns tonight. I will pass - - a kidney stone, perhaps.
1. So long, Regis. Not yet, a few more months to go for the person who has logged more TV time than anybody else in history.
2. "Hannah" bows out with 6.2 million viewers. That's cable my friends.
3. It's January. That's why they snuck in "Harry's Law." Brutal.
4. Rickey Gervais himself. It was planned to take that much time off during the Globes. Let's face it, they are good at getting the show over on time. And did again Sunday.
5. Comcast takes over NBC Universal. Signal problems should begin shortly.
6. I do not watch CNN and Piers Morgan's show will not change that.
7. There are some people who just cannot admit they like "Glee" for some reason. Wait, the reason is clear if you think about it.
8. No jumping the shark here. That Snickers commercial is fantastic.
9. Super Bowl commercials will date themselves fast this year. Many focus on social networks.
10. The Bears/Packers play at 2 p.m. and that will see a spike in ratings all over the country. Midwest share will be in the stratosphere.
Trivia: Some could say (me included) that the Battle of Gettysburg started over shoes. Confederate soldiers were in need of new shoes when their general saw an ad in the local paper. Turns out the Union general found out about their foot problems and bought out the entire stock the store had. A fight ensued, and the battle was on.
Closer: That word of last year - - "Austerity" - - use it this year, government.