- If the government shuts down, I want Congress and the president to forgo their paychecks, too. Come to think of it, I have cut back, downsized and changed my habits over the last five years. It's their turn, now.
- We may use ground troops in Libya. No kidding! Marines have already been sent.
- The Grammy folk have FINALLY decided to streamline a bit with their awards.Come to think of it, we need more award shows, right? No way. I still prefer the Big Four - - Oscars, Emmys, Tonys and Grammys. Many others are fine, but ...no but, let's move on...
- Media and pundits on the wrong side of another issue - - again! Many pundits were pissed off about the fact that so many GOP folk were hopping in the presidential race. Turns out, none have officially done that (Ron Paul is close). One person has, the president. There is nothing wrong with that as long as it legal to do so.
- I'm not against wind energy (I want all forms used) but how many windmills does it take to power a community versus, say, a coal or nuclear plant? Do we need ten thousand wind mills versus one plant?
- "Arthur 2011"
- "Soul Surfer"
- "Your Highness"
Source: Box Office Mojo
Notes: I said it earlier and I will repeat myself, no matter how much it hurts. This is what we should do if we go to "Arthur 2011" this weekend. Do not try to compare it to the version we loved with Dudley Moore. How easy will that be? Yes, that hurt. Speaking of hurt, it's about time to go back in time and make a pot movie. What do you think, "Your Highness"? I know, you do not care, dude. "Soul Surfer" with Katy Perry's rousing anthem "Firework" should please many with that feel-good style of triumph, tragedy and then back up again. As for "Hanna" where is the other H and Her Sisters? A wonderful documentary in "American: The Bill Hicks Story" is out, and do not forget "Thank You" and "To Die Like A Man." What? You will forget those last two.
- Did I hear this right? When the president was asked in a Town Hall about the rise in gas prices, he noted the person should think of a trade-in. Wow. Oh yeah, he remembers how to pump gas. Last I heard the presidential limo does not have to comply with the new green rules they want to shove on all of us.
- It helps to follow the money on both sides when complaining about funding, etc. No, make that all sides.
- Dave Matthews Bands is set for as three day fest in Chicago. Oh, all that trash and fecal matter.
Close it: Tina Fey quipped that her Sarah Palin impression may have hurt "30 Rock." Not really, the ratings were never good. And the show was a nice insider's look at show business, so that audience was HUGE. Yes, those in the business loved it but I've always said "It's a show that has more awards and nominations than it does viewers."
Even though "Superman" will stop in Illinois, the next Batman will bypass the state - - it has been announced that "The Dark Knight Rises" is headed to Pittsburgh. Christopher Nolan is part of both...and "Dark Knight" was filmed here. OK, tease is done...some of the film will be shot in Chicago, too. This has gone viral folks. Just Google or Yahoo once again. Headline: Hump It: No More 'Knight' in Illinois...
"Superman: Man of Steel" to be filmed in Illinois.
UPDATE: Christopher Nolan, who brought us the Chicago filmed "The Dark Knight" will pen the screenplay. However, "The Dark Knight Rises" will not be filmed in Illinois. FULL STORY on Tim's TV/Movie/Music..PLUS, MY STORIES ARE ALL OVER THE WEB ON THIS ONE MY FRIENDS. JUST GOOGLE OR YAHOO - SUPERMAN LANDS IN ILLINOIS - AND - ILLINOIS NEEDS SUPER NEWS - ...and, of course, Associated Content, Gather and Buzz Box.
AUDITION NOTICE :
-X marks the spot: "X-Factor" auditions continue Wednesday, April 27 in Chicago. Wristbands must be obtained from the venue the day prior to auditions.
Sears Centre Arena
5333 Prairie Stone Pkwy
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192
- Hah: Our general manager (Brian Z) was on this long ago. Now, ABC decides to cover it...almost too late...two have hatched. Live Eagle Cam Snares Web's Attention...oh, and Brian noted CBS did as well...last night 4/4/11...Wow. And they wonder why they are losing viewers. Listen to Brian, Cathy, Danette on AM 1240 WSDR for the Morning Show...starting with the Ag show at 5:30 a.m. The place where the personalities shine in the morning.
Gov. Quinn/CAT CEO - staying put, for now. Why didn't we just leave the Thomson prison as it was? It took this long to get where I noted we would be at when I reported on this way back when ...No GITMO; no kidding!
Govt. shutdown. If this happens we will see that those non-essential items may be just that...Civil? Rep. Peter King receives a pig's foot...