- When did it become hard to sit cross legged?
- I simply ignore those who suggest they know when the
world will end. I ignore taking pot shots, too, just in case. Plus, that is too
- Life will be much easier if we all simply said to ourselves: "I am not unique." There, that wasn't so hard. Again, you tried.
- The Rahm Emmanuel swearing in ceremony did not have
any swearing, but did have kids getting out of school to attend. And, perhaps, watch a civics lesson in person. They surely woke up when he noted the school day in Chicago needs to be longer...
- If you are not a Navy Seal, do you really think you can get away with wearing their hat? Jerseys are one thing but, come on. However, I always say, "Hey, Jay Cutler is at the Dollar Store - - again."
- Tell you what. I will buy an electric car if they are priced at $3-5,000? Not for those prices they want today. Plus, give me some idea of how much it will cost to charge it. And that will be my bill, I assume? In my garage, right? So, my electric bill will go up, right? It has to. And leave my light bulbs alone.
"Pirates: On Stranger Tides 3D"
"35 and Ticking"
"A Beautiful Life"
"Midnight in Paris"
Source: Box Office Mojo
Notes: You bet I put in those others just to note that "Pirates" will be in more than 4,000 theaters and should run away with the title this weekend. I'm thinking "Thor" will wane some, plus, these two vie for those 3D screens. The real test for me this weekend is to see how "Bridesmaids" holds up. When you have those other two fighting it out, you need a movie that will attract a different audience, as this did, and does still. isn't it about time we had a raunchy wedding movie with women for once? I would rather have people (men) see that than "Hangover 2." Or go to both and compare the better set up to jokes and the deliveries. You have to wait until next weekend for "Hangover 2." No I do not. That would be every weekend and it sucks. By the way, the release of the film splitting folks down political sides (typical) is out next week as well. It's "Tree Of Life" and is at Cannes.
- Admit it. You are muttering to yourself ..."the IMF, what the?" No word if Arnold sent that guy an e-mail thanking him for shielding him from some of the headlines.
- Ouch! I just ate the toy from a Happy Meal and now my tooth hurts. OK, ban them. It wasn't my fault I ate the toy.
In closing: No matter how many packets are in the box of microwave popcorn, one is a dud.