I "wet myself with excitement" was a recent quote from Jane Lynch, host. It was because she saw a "Glee" promo while watching football.
From the Hollywood Report Q&A:
THR: Jane, what advice would Sue
Sylvester have for "Jane Lynch, Emmy
Lynch: "Make sure it's all about you, and find some way to claim all of the awards for yourself."
* Look for a pre-taped intro from Jane Lynch doing a Billy Crystal-style ecene.
* From Fox: FOX, in partnership with the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, will bring clean energy to the 63RD PRIMETIME EMMY(R) AWARDS airing live Sunday, Sept. 18 (8:00-11:00 PM ET live/5:00-8:00 PM PT live) on FOX. Solar panels will provide power to the Primetime Emmys red carpet and, for the first time ever, FOX will donate the solar panels and the red carpet to local charities after the event. In addition, the 390-foot red carpet is the largest ever to be lit entirely by low-energy LED and fluorescent lighting. This year's red carpet is made from 25,000 square feet of locally-sourced recycled carpet, produced in the only LEED-certified carpet facility in the world. Made from 50% recycled content, the carpet will be donated after the awards to the Ronald McDonald House Long Beach and to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles.
- No word if we paid for the initial investment or if it will go out on business, however. Plus, they can now enoy those Green Smoke things, too. Oh, there's more:
- · All signage will be printed with water-based inks either on recycled aluminum by AoSA or on eco-friendly and biodegradable materials.
- Locally grown and/or organic foods will be provided by Chef Alan Jackson of Lemonade and served to production staff, press and event guests.
- A full recycling program is in place throughout the main show, media
center and red carpet area to collect waste from batteries, paper, bottles,
plastic and food.
- OK, no, they will not be reusing the food.
* Rumors got stronger for a Sheen show up and to present. Why not?
"Men" starts again Monday opposite his roast, with mashed potatoes. By the way, Jon Cryer, his one-time friend and costar, has won an Emmy for that show.
* Is "Modern Family" ready for the upset if they lose. That is what is flying around.
* I have never like "The Big Bang Theory" but its star, Jim Parsons,
is primed to win again - - but, after a slip where he ripped others last
time, may haunt him. Hollywood likes him and the show for some reason.
* E's own Giuliana Rancic noted that because an extra didn't show up for rehearsals, she took over. See, all things are rehearsed, including the walk on the carpet, by extras and stand-ins. It's a good gig, if you can get it. So, not showing up will hurt that person.
* Celebs played "Angry Birds" for charity.
* Once again, the carpet is 390-feet long (25,000 square feet).
* No golf carts will
be used by staff and crew. Bikes will now be used...come on...sometimes it is hard for me to report this stuff when you think of the r4eal waste that takes place for these events. See, I do not care because I know that going in. Like a concert. It happens and will happen.
* Pre-Emmy parties are still going on which means drunken people are all over. And they say the Golden Globes is the best party. It is not. They drink at all of them, just not on TV like the Globes.
* Even thoug h she is the host, most think she will not win
again. It may go to Betty White or Sofia Vergara.