- Anybody seen my double in Rock Falls...? I understand he took my car and went somewhere???? I will get that bill later. And, are the workers doing anything on the roof and balcony this weekend?
- Party at W kicked some tail. Plus, media actually was able to partake in gifts, food and schmoozing...
- There is a Death by Chocolate drink.
- I still follow my policy: I do not eat in public.
GOVERNOR'S BALL: Over 3,000 people to attend. It will be at the L.A. Convention Center, which to me sounds odd. It is near the Nokia.
- Tonight (Saturday), parties are at: NBC, Spago in West Hollywood; Showtime at Mondrian's Sky Bar (great venue).
- Sunday parties as of now: AMC and its slew of shows, will party out of sight from L.A.; HBO, Pacific Design Center (basically a mall). I will post a link to all of them.
- Hollywood Reporter has noted Charlie Sheen will be presenting an
award - - to himself. No, not that, but if this pans out, wow, fun.
- By the way, Ryan Seacrest was named Broadcaster of the Year. Jealous? You bet, but he shows up, does the research and work. Good job.
- In a earlier report, I noted that Jane Lynch is only the third women to go solo as host. The other two were Angela Landsbury in 1993 and Ellen DeGeneres in 2005.
- Here's what producer Mark "Survivor" Burnett says of the show. It will have many film clips, spoofs and all on a pace we will enjoy.
- Simon Cowell has now entered the "too much plastic" club.
- The TV academy has over 15,000 members while the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences, not yet 3,000.
NOMINEE RECEPTION WAS FRIDAY, the menu...Wolfgang Puck, of course: sweet corn tortellini, heirloom tomato salad, roasted chicken, striped sea bass and slow braised short ribs. Oh and, cupcakes and brownies.