A battle Hollywood likes played out at the box office and the winner and runner up can claim victory. They should, too. It was a weekend that kicked off Hollywood's holiday season nicely. 'Big Hero 6,' 'Interstellar' blast off with solid box office 'Big Hero 6' and 'Interstellar' to provide big box office boost By Tim O'Brien in Entertainment Coming off a brutal weekend at the box office, it looks like a healthy rebound is here. Just in time as this is the weekend when Hollywood kicks off the holiday season. Now, enter "Interstellar" and "Big Hero 6." ...because of the length of "Interstellar," it will likely lose out to "Big Hero 6." But "Interstellar" will have legs as it plays out more with adults....they do not feel the need to see it the first weekend out...
'Big Hero 6' and 'Interstellar' to provide big box office boost US NewsLatest Headlines from <A HREF='http://www.onenewspage.us'>One News Page [United States]</A> One News Page http://bit.ly/1u7JcHb
Governors Awards mark the start of Oscar season...The Oscar season officially kicked off last night in Hollywood as the Governors Awards were handed out. It marked the sixth time for this stand alone night. Entertainment NewsLatest Headlines from <A HREF='http://www.onenewspage.us'>One News Page [United States]</A> One News Page Tim O'Brien has been on the entertainment beat for more than 30 years
TIM'S TIDBITS & TRIVIA
- Nero did not fiddle when Rome burned for a couple reasons. You may have heard that fiddles were not yet created. The other reason is more simple. He was out of town. He did come back to try to contain the flames. He failed.
- Potatoes were once feared by Europeans. They were only fed to prisoners -- and animals. Potatoes are grown in all 50 states and under my sink.
- Greenwich Mean Times dates back to 1884. Greenwich Nice Time is still in the works. Huh?
A lobster's teeth are in its stomach.
Hippos are pigs, so to speak. But I'm not going to tell them.
- Chopin hated the number seven.
- When you toss that spilled salt over your shoulder, you are doing so to hit the Devil in the eye. Keeps the bad luck away. It also makes the waiter pretty angry.
- Lepers used to wear bells so people knew they were headed in their direction. I still require my uncle to wear one. Why? Well, you have never met my uncle.
- When 10 segments or so accumulate on the end of a rattler's tail, they begin to fall off. Because of this, that is not the best way to accurately guess their age. Some have noted it is a good way, much like the rings of a tree or my uncle's stomach.
- Abraham Lincoln was laughing when he was shot.
- If we landed on Venus, we would suffocate, be crushed and roasted - - simultaneously. Road trip?
- Somehow, seven elephants and bears survived the Titanic ordeal. Didn't see that in the movie.
- He may have been a genius but he never learned how to drive. He was Albert Einstein. Maybe he was on to something.
- When Sir Walter Raleigh lit up a bit of tobacco in front of the queen, he came into quite a drenching. They did think he was on fire.
- After his famous Midnight Ride, Paul Revere was captured. The guys who caught him left when they heard gunfire in the distance
Whiteside County Police, Fire, and EMS CMAs - Luke Bryan is Entertainer of The Year By Tim O'Brien in Entertainment Two categories were already announced as the Country Music Association Awards (CMAs) take over the music world tonight. So, scratch off Music Event of the Year and Music Video of the Year off that list. CMAs arrive as two winners already announced; live updates
'Star Wars Episode VII' Reveals New Title: 'The Force Awakens'...The film completed principal photographyFull story at TheWrap
Britain will get personal insight into the life of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll, through the largest Elvis retrospective ever mounted in Europe, Elvis at The O2: The Exhibition of His Life. Opening at The O2, London onDecember 12.
The Daily Planet is ready for its close-up in ‘Batman V Superman’ http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2014/11/06/the-daily-planet-is-ready-for-its-close-up-in-batman-v-superman/ …John Leon-Guerrero @jleon_guerrero · 13h13 hours ago
#DailyPlanet ready for shooting @olv @filming_chicago
Henry Cavill News @HenryCavillNews
Batman v Superman: Illinois dates and locations revealed! http://bit.ly/1DjGuRU #HenryCavill ...UPDATES Nov. 3-14 shoot dates...Subway in Chicago; farm house in Plainfield on tap and Daily Planet is located in Willis Tower...Nov. 11 at Willis Tower...
Illinois Film Office @ILFilmOffice
Check out the latest photos and videos from the set of @BatmanvSuperman. http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/973698-batman-vs-superman-new-set-photos-and-videos-emerge-as-illinois-filming-details-confirmed/ … #BatmanvSuperman #ILFilm #IFO
Chicago Film Office said that filming will start in Illinois in late October/early November. ...
'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' heads to Chicago, Zack Snyder to return to Detroit for 'Justice League' http://batman-news.com/2014/11/02/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-heads-to-chicago-zack-snyder-to-return-to-detroit-for-justice-league/ …more below
Here is it: four or five days Chicago; and then it looks like another week in Yorkville/Plainfield, etc. Chicago will once again be Metropolis...that may be where the showdown between Batman and Superman takes place or ends...stay tuned for casting calls..Daily Planet newspapers folk needed... For more...always check out casting calls ...above...hit more and scroll...click..shameless returns to the city...