Some weeks we just need to add items to our Dump It and Wrap It Up columns. Here we go.
- Sure, "Superman" will head to Illinois but another Christopher Nolan project will bypass the state. "The Dark Knight Rises" heads to Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh), it has been announced. After the huge success of "The Dark Knight," Nolan and company take Gotham elsewhere. OK, not entirely. Some of this installment will head back to Chicago as well. Meanwhile, I can also report that the filming of a eight-part series called "Boss" will start filming in Illinois in May. It stars Kelsey Grammer.
- "Dancing With the Stars" beat the NCAA finale in head-to-heads, but the game won the rest of the evening. So suggests Nielsen, my friends.
- "Legends of Hollywood" news has been released, in conjunction with the United States Post Office, and AMPAS. If you like "To Kill A Mockingbird" starring Gregory Peck, look for a stamp honoring the actor, in that film, on April 28. Here's the released info: Actors Laura Dern, Morgan Freeman and singer Natalie Maines will join host Sharon Stone in honoring Oscar®-winner Gregory Peck (1916 - 2003) at the First Day of Issue ceremony for the Gregory Peck Commemorative Stamp. Presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in conjunction with the United States Postal Service, the ceremony will take place on Thursday, April 28, 2011, at 11 a.m. at the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater. Admission is free. The stamp is the 17th in the Postal Services' "Legends of Hollywood" series. It features Peck as he appeared in his Oscar-winning role as Atticus Finch in "To Kill a Mockingbird" (1962).
- "Ten Commandments" is set to air April 23 on ABC. Yes, starring Charlton Heston.
- Nice. Outlets are using the Katie Couric is out story. Sorry folks, we had that one almost two weeks ago. When I saw it today, I thought it was a misprint. That's not all. Jeff Greenfield out at CBS. Shhh. I was just told that Merideth Viera may leave the "Today" show; but not today. Huh? Well, maybe. As for Glenn Beck news. Yep, a prediction placed on the top of this page almost a month ago. Now, it's old to many of us. Now, Matt Lauer?
- In case you haven't noticed, The CW is giving away a Ford this week. That also mean new episodes of "Nikita" and "The Vampire Diaries." As for "Hellcats" and "Gossip Girl," you will have to wait. I can tell you "Gossip Girl" comes back with new shows on April 18. I have no idea about the cats, however.
- TCM continues with their look at the 150th anniversary of the start of the Civil War. Every Monday and Wednesday, a theme emerges right before your eyes. Enjoy. Also in April, TCM honors Elizabeth Taylor.
- This is what we should do if we go to "Arthur 2011" this weekend. Do not try to compare it to the version we loved with Dudley Moore. How easy will that be?