A Saturday notebook:
- Must be a lot of work being done on this fine Saturday. Either that or people are just driving around in their work and city trucks.
- True conservatives want Herman Cain and Ron Paul. And lib media - - they also thought Bush was not conservative enough so the blame game doesn't work with them.
- Sometimes you have to yell to get things done.
- Oh, I get it, the press and liberals think Steve Jobs wasn't the corporate type, so heaps of praise. Wow.
- Sarah Palin says no and it goes in the bad timing column. Why? Two words: Steve Jobs.
- We are finally getting to the time of year when we can honestly say these are "must see" movies. The others are fine for escapism and can be "go to" movies, but now it's award season time. Can the latest George Clooney film enter that category? Yes, it can and does.
- GOPers are avoiding movies because too many liberal stars which makes the Hollywood bent real obvious. Most of us reporting on the business of show have known this for years.
- On a related note, movie BO money is up but attendance is down so far this year.
- Hollywood does shun the right leaning movies come award season, too. Just look at Clint Eastwood films. Highly praised and Oscar-worthy when he leans left and a no go when he leans right.They neglected "Gran Torino" and, to be honest, they cringe over "Dirty Harry." If Ronald Reagan was a Democrat, just think how many positive kennedy-type movies would be made...