- Again, I say make Congress part time and well, you make the call on this...scold 'em...by the way, Mark Halperin was egged on to make his statement...and Jay Carney told on him...wow, Jay used to be a journalist...and now a narc (is this America?) Two days after scolding Congress, Obama heads to presidential retreat for holiday weekend... I do not care but it looks arrogant... I pick this as the dump headline of the day because it will be ignored for sure...WI schools go from broke to flush after union curbs...
- LIVE FROM 10 A.M.-NOON...
-Yes, I will be on set for "Superman: Man of Steel" so I can yell Zodddddddddddddddddd...Zod and Kahn in one day...whew... Come on...
-Shooting in Sterling today on the corner of 7th/15th..police looking for Clarence Hopkins of Chicago...
-Eddie Vedder at Murphy's as Cubs/Sox play this weekend...
- Dump It today notes that the BO numbers for "Transformers 3" albeit pretty large were lower than expected. Lately I have been noting the number of theaters and, at times, the screens the film is on. And with the 10,000 screens taking this film and over 4,000 theaters it should have done more. There is, however, plenty of time with this holiday weekend upon us. The midnight showing nabbed just over $8 million, the second highest for those screenings this year. But hold on, "Harry Potter" is coming.
- "Larry Crowne"
Source: Box Office Mojo
Notes: Since "Transformers" is out, the other big ticket item is the Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts film, "Larry Crowne." It just may be the perfect opposite film to take in. Two solid Hollywood stars is enough I would think. "Monte Carlo" also opens.
- Oh, here's a shocker. Strauss-Khan may not have done it since the maid can't keep her story straight. So, when it was noted, at the outset, that this may be drummed up, just may be looked at again.
- We are the best and strongest nation in the world so enough scare tactics with the debt.
- When is it news and when is it strictly public relations.
- On September 23 will be the last "All My Children" and when people tune in to see it, you will hear, "Well, if they would have just watched, it would not have been cancelled." It doesn't work that way. See any food joint you loved that is no longer.
FROM ABC FAMILY COMES THIS: The “Harry Potter” weekend schedule is as follows: Just subtract an hour for us in the Midwest. That's too much work for me.
Thursday, July 7
7:30 PM – 11:00 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”
Friday, July 8
3:30 PM – 7:00 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”
7:00 PM – 11:00 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”
Saturday, July 9
9:00 AM – 12:30 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”
12:30 PM – 4:30 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”
4:30 PM – 7:30 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban”
7:30 PM – 11:00 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”
Sunday, July 10
7:00 AM – 10:30 AM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”
10:30 AM – 2:30 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”
2:30 PM – 5:30 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban”
5:30 PM – 9:00 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”
9:00 PM – 12:00 AM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix”
Monday, July 11
3:00 PM – 6:00 PM ET/PT – “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix”
* For “Harry Potter” fans, ABC Family has the online sweepstakes not to be missed. Fans can go to www.abcfamily.com/harrypottersweeps starting on Thursday, June 30th through Sunday, July 10th to enter their name for a chance to win the “Harry Potter Ultimate Fan Sweepstakes” grand prize. Fans 13 and older can enter once per day to increase their chances.
- Go Katy with "Firework" on right now and my review of "Sweet Charity" at Timber Lake Playhouse in Mt Carroll... One of the hottest songs to come down my pike in a long time (that sounds painful) is up next..Adele, I'll be back on tour in August... Exec at NBC parent company raises $1.2 million for Obama...HUH?????????????
- Your first REAL job should not be president...
- Again, when was Jon Stweart an actual comedian? He's an advocate and nothing more - - or less...maybe less of ...never mind...
- I will leave you with this: Chess champion caught injecting steroids...hmmm...