WE ALL SEE RIGHT THROUGH THIS, DON'T WE? SHIFT FOR PUBLIC RELATIONS...RADIO SILENCE: Obama cancels trip to tout fuel economy; WH cancels daily briefing... REPORT: Will Fly to Dover to Meet Returned Bodies of Fallen Soldiers...
* * *
Obama to scrap testing requirements; too many students failing... HUH, WHAT THE AND COME ON...
..ABC, CBS, NBC Air Special Reports As Dow Closes Down 600 Points (TVNewser) Fox Announces New Football Broadcast Pairings (SportsNewser)
Look ahead. Much like you cannot scream "fire" in a crowded theater, you should not be able to call for riots on social media, or elsewhere...As Riots Spread In London, RIM Will 'Assist Police.' PS3 Also Playing Role? (paidContent)
THE KEY HERE IS NOW THE CUBS WILL PLAY A MAKEUP GAME THIS DAY SO??? BUT THEY WILL DO THIS...,STAY TUNED...8.7.11 - After Ron Santo's death and funeral, I noted that his ashes will be spread over third base and home plate at Wrigley - - I was ignored (where did you hear that?) - - well, turns out that will happen Thursday (statue on Wednesday is the highlight)... Oh, look up: Persiods meteor shower.... 8.9.11 - And who did they blame?...Tea Party prevented a much worse fall..ABC, CBS, NBC Air Special Reports As Dow Closes Down 600 Points (TVNewser) Fox Announces New Football Broadcast Pairings (SportsNewser)
Look ahead. Much like you cannot scream "fire" in a crowded theater, you should not beable to call for riots on social media, or elsewhere...As Riots Spread In London, RIM Will
'Assist Police.' PS3 Also Playing Role? (paidContent)
TALENT: UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – August 8, 2011 – NBC’s top-rated summer series “America’s Got Talent” announced today the 12 acts from the YouTube online auditions that will perform live for the first time on
Tuesday, August 9 (9-11 p.m. ET). Last season’s runner-up, young opera sensation Jackie Evancho, auditioned through YouTube and her recent debut album “Dream with Me” has just been certified gold.
Matt Wilhelm - Chicago (BMX RACER) - - he will perform live alongside 11 additional YouTube acts that were
selected by the show including: Aeon – Los Angeles (parkour); Beth Ann Robinson – Dothan, Ala. (dancer); Breena Bell – Lincoln, Ala. (solo gymnast/dancer); Illusionist Brett Daniels – Walkersville, Wis. (magician); Gabe Rocks – Bellingham, Wash. (animal act); Gymkana – College Park, Md. (variety); Kalani Basketball Freestyle – Honolulu (variety); Kevin Colis – New Braunfels, Texas (singer); Powerhouse – Burbank, Calif. (choir); TNC Elite – members from Kentucky, Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia and North Carolina (cloggers); West Springfield Dance Team – Springfield, Va. (dance team)
BeFORE I HIT THE SACK YESTERDAY: As the nation got a spanking from S&P and sent to its room without any supper, let's take a look at other things, perhaps, of more importance, that took place:
- Pres. Obama will make another stop in Iowa on Aug. 16. It does not fall on deaf ears to us here at OBNS that it comes three days after the GOP Straw Poll.
- Yes, Sears is still considering leaving Illinois.
- No, not yet is my response to reporting on suing of detasseling incident. Or William Curl. Still working on details not yet reported. One question is whether a current from a lightning strike one or two days before they entered the field would cause this accident. Note: on July 27, it was noted here that Forbes named Monsanto a top 10 innovation company in the world. They have stated that they did not know ahead of time of what had occured. This is not over for sure. Stay tuned.
- La Nina cools the ocean. It does not warm them.
- Silence please. Press is ignoring it but Ron Paul continues to pack places he goes in Iowa.
- Get our fiscal house in order is the overused phrase and then came this: US to give $100 million in aid to - - Somalia.
- Where has Hillary been during this "crisis"? I would hide from this crew, too.
- Just because we may disagree with the current president doesn't make it racism. That is a weak way to go. But, I admit, an easy one.
- - Even Jackie O thinks LBJ had something to do with her husband's death. Calling Oliver Stone.
- Cheyanne Boddicker swam the English Channel. She's from Iowa.
- The only change I want is regard to diapers.
- I never understood spending so much money an back to college crap. Why? Who needs new furniture and all the trimmings? It's a waste. Use milk crates and all the rest.
- I reported on that Hollywood poker so long ago I forget about it. But it just recently snarled A-Rod. It's huge.
- And now, let's talk about Libya. What?
- It will come to pass that self-check out lanes in Wal Mart and the like will end. No interaction with customers may hurt. Some other chains are considering it and once has done so.
- Illinois-bordering cities were fast to match the Iowa tax holiday by slashing prices. I wonder if it worked.
- Let's be honest, most fests suck. Lolla is one of them. Just ask Ce Lo.
- I have never understood Kayne West. More now.
- Honeywell plant in Davenport to close.
- In you are counting, 2 is the number of IHSA althetes who tested positive for performing-enhancing drugs last school year.
OBNS PRESS RELEASE:
- The spectacular celebrity cast for the new season of “Dancing with the Stars’” will be announced live on ABC,
MONDAY, AUGUST 29, during that evening’s episode of “Bachelor Pad.” Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke once again host the live unveiling of the all-star cast. You know it's a release because I would not use "spectacular."