- McConnell, that is not leadership...you will pay and lose if that is your final stance...do not give the president more power, no matter the party..
Now, we are live... ...and, I have to say. I do not change my heat habits and air conditioning habits hardly at all (all year)...consistent is my motto: BUT, my bills keep going up, no matter what...with that and gas, that is enough to make me spend less on other stuff...and the fun stuff...and the fun stuff is good for the economy (yes, even going to Vegas is good for the economy)...
- Fascinating stuff from U.S. Chamber in D.C. of late and not one major headline about it..small business, etc...taxes, job creation...where is the media...???? Come on, we know...
- I miss being a kid in summer because now they SUCK...summers, that is....by the end of summer I could walk over anything because I rarely wore shoes...
- You might hear that Obama has raised (not himself) $86 million for the campaign...you might NOT hear that is well behind his last campaign...
- THE RETURN TO MOONLIGHT BAY FOR ME AND OTHERS WILL BE JULY 30 WHEN THE ROCK SHOW HEADS THERE...BANDS, BOOZE AND ...MUCH MORE (HAD TO USE THAT PHRASE)... press release: HISTORY® Posts Blockbuster Ratings on Monday Night with Two-Hour
American Pickers, American Restoration and Pawn Stars Crossover Event
New York, July 12, 2011 – HISTORY’s crossover event featuring a lineup of its wildly popular “trash-to-treasure” strand – American Pickers, American Restoration and Pawn Stars – delivered in a big way this past Monday night scoring a round of stellar ratings for the network.
In the special two-hour event from 9-11pm, the colorful characters who populate the three hit HISTORY series worked together to find, purchase and bring back to life the ultimate American artifact – a rare model 1957 Chevy.
The Monday, July 11 at 9pm premiere of American Pickers claimed 6.3 million total viewers, 2.8 million Adults 25-54 and 2.6 million Adults 18-49.
American Restoration scored 6.7 million total viewers, 3.2 million Adults 25-54 and 3 million Adults 18-49 on Monday at 10pm.
While, Pawn Stars continues to produce record ratings for HISTORY with the 10:30pm episode on Monday delivering 7.6 million total viewers, 3.7 million Adults 25-54 and 3.4 million Adults 18-49 – making it the series overall second best telecast of all-time.
- Oprah to name herself ...YOU FILL IN THE BLANK...OK, herself CEO
- Do not forget to at least give it a try if you can sing...AUDITIONS for "The Voice" at Navy Pier July 16...
* * *
UPDATE - Questions:
- In the Sycamore cold case and now a hot one again: PROSECUTOR SAYS HE SHOULD BE BACK IN ILLINOIS SOON: Did John Tessier (real name) make this case go hot again? Oh, his military records were destroyed by fire, says AP. Unless you collect things, is it odd to keep a train ticket that long? And unused? Freshest leads for this case came in 2008, according to July 12 news conference.
- Missing Aurora boy: A huge manhunt that even ended up in this area, yet nothing since. Do they know something because they are not searching anymore? Or are they protecting because they might know where he is?
- Toni Keller's NIU death: Hard to believe William Curl acted alone. I do not want to hear how smart and methodical his is. Come on. How did he actually kill the woman? And about the blood, or lack of? So much dismemberment here because family barely got any for memorial service. Huge fire needs to be answered as to the real reason no one mentioned it. Or did and it was ignored.
- Nick Sheley: The real timeline needs to be looked at deeper. Who was actually killed first, second and so forth. Did he have help with the murders (not just concealing a body in a trunk)? Was he on drugs at the time?
- Near Dillon School: Why were we told DOA and then told victim was in the hospital in Rockford? Was she actually dead and they did not want to mention it because kids saw her get shot? Did he know the innocent bystander WHO was in that apartment? Did he actually ride around the school on a bike and say he was going to shoot her, as many have said?
- Casey's robbery: Trying to get away swimming in the Rock River? We all knew they were together at Casey's, but why did it take so long for that info to be released? Was the money recovered? Did they get into a fight?
- Are people stealing dogs around here for the reward, or other reasons? Too many?
- Who exactly are they talking to when they say "shared sacrifice"?
- Is the debt deal or no deal really a HUGE problem?
-DAILY TRACKER: Rasmussen: 50% Say Space Shuttle Program Worth What It Cost Taxpayers
- 57% of Working Americans Say They're Middle Class, Lowest Level in Two Years
- 50% Say Space Shuttle Program Worth What It Cost Taxpayers
- 52% Say U.S., Allies Winning War on Terror
Noon Eastern: 58% Believe Life Exists On Other
Planets 1 p.m. Eastern: 45% Confident In Stability Of U.S.
3 p.m. Eastern: 25% Say U.S. Heading In Right