Let's move on, shall we? Weekend BO
1. "Battle: Los Angeles" - $36 million
2. "Rango" - $23 million
3. "Red Riding Hood" - $14.1 million
Source: Box Office Mojo.
- In what could be one of the biggest flops in a long time comes "Mars Needs Moms." What it really needs is an audience. The weekend winner is "Battle: Los Angeles" with "Rango" hanging on for second. The other wide release finsihed third, "Red Riding Hood." I looked at the budgets for all these movies and it stunned me, to say the least. "Rango" budget is $135 million and "Battle: Los Angeles" around $70 million. Huh? Then "Mars Needs Moms" is at $150 million and could only muster $6.8 million. A dud for sure. Oh, and in time for St. Pat's Day is "Kill the Irishman" in four theaters.
- It's Albert Einstein's birthday so it's a good time to say "Hey, Einstein" to someone. What did they say before he was born - "Hey, Aristotle"?
- A good thing that "Hereafter" was pulled from screens in Japan due to that tsunami scene.
- Charlie Sheen sold out his Chicago show for April 3. What the heck is he going to do?
- James Taylor concert Friday was nice but in all honesty, it was more a launching pad for his son, Ben.
- Volcano eruptions are not good for the global warming crowd since the ash can block the sun for days, weeks, etc.
- Can we be prepared enough? Japan was and look at what has happened. Awareness and preparation only go so far.
- If NPR and PBS gets all that money from the government, why are there pledge drives? I'm done.
- In all my years, I have never seen a Rasmussen poll this low: 3% Say Ivy League Schools Produce Better Workers .
- Wake up call, perhaps? No, they will still ignore: James O'Keefe On CNN: My Priority Is To Go After What 'The Media Is Refusing To Touch' (Mediaite) By the way. beware of all video edits....I mean all.
- This should have been canceled: Gridiron Dinner: 'Speech In The Dark' (FishbowlDC)
- Not if it was about Reagan, they would do it and not care one bit: Controversial Kennedys Miniseries A Tough Sell (Adweek)
- I filled out my brackets and so did the president. Huh? He will hear it about that. More fiddling...
- No fly zone will go into effect when the games are over. OK, that was wrong to suggest. Do we want to back the rebels? They are killing us in other parts of the world.
I'm not the only one. I knew others would pick up on this. I'm usually early on this type of thing: SPRING BREAK: Obama the invisible; Anti-leadership amid world crises...
OBAMA: People should offer help to Japanese 'as they're filling out their brackets'...