Wrap it up and send it along.
UPDATE: I have just been handed a report that suggests the chicken wing business will really take a hit if the NFL stays out.
Thank you so much Illinois for those retroactive taxes. First, on the paycheck and now that crazy Internet tax. They want to collect those purchases dating back to 2004. Oh, and if you bought something out of state and brought it back in (like a T-shirt) they want that money as well. This sounds like a joke, but it’s not. Even if you haven’t bought anything off the Internet you still have to pay a minimum? Yes, this is in that bill.
- I back my president, no matter the party, so God Speed to our troops in the latest mission. However, I want to see protestors outside the White House opposing this policy. Wait, this wasn’t done by George Bush, right? And there were arrests outside the White House this past weekend. They were protesting the anniversary of the start of the Iraq war. Oh, that makes sense.
- You head to Rio and launch air strikes. That is what happened, right? No matter how you feel Pres. Obama is now a war president.
- Who exactly are those rebels?
- Of course CBS wants Charlie Sheen back on the air, I was laughed at for the mere suggestion of this weeks ago. Right, none of that tour will be scripted. I believe that as much as I do when someone tells me they were able to ad-lib on the script during shooting. A-list actors, sure, but come on. Hollywood folk need scripts as we can tell during those talk shows.
- Is St. Patrick’s Day officially over? I’m Irish and this year, wow, a little much. It started on March 12 and ended on March 20.
- “Limitless” - $19 million
- “Rango” – $15.3 million
- “Battle: Los Angeles" $14.6 million
Notes: Before we go on with the notes, “Never Say Never” has passed “This Is It” as the highest-grossing concert film. Now, let’s move on, shall we? “Battle: Los Angeles” did not repeat as “Limitless” was limited in attendance but still claimed the top spot. We are witnessing a major Hollywood flop folks. “Mars Needs Moms” is a dud, a big time dud. I looked ahead and, let’s be honest, I loved the original “Arthur” and this new one is not even close to the charm, wit and fun. Original ideas are a thing of the past I guess. As spring break progresses I have to ask: Do you go to movies while on spring break? I love movies and have never done that during college. Hey, forget that party on the beach, “Rango” is out. If anything dented the BO this weekend it was NCAA basketball.
- I can finally admit that I never liked watching “Mister Rogers.” I did not get it - - and still don’t. Meanwhile, I have never seen an entire “60 Minutes.” No need to, really.
- Here’s a nugget that may have slipped by. Because many people were opposed to the nuclear reactor coolant tanks, they were forced to keep them so low a tsunami could destroy them.
- Yes, is the answer to that guy in the commercial who asked if I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I prefer to do that than soil the bed and clothes.
- I wasn't joking when I said do not be surprised if news comes out suggesting CBS wants Sheen back...even if they do not it's good to keep the news in the headlines and the gossip...most successful concert film ever is now Bieber (US only).
Headlines from (Tim) OBNS: Sheen can see kids again (see Jimmy Kimmel item for "surprise" visit). NCAA tourney nets high ratings. Top DVR'd show is "Modern Family." Movie version of "24" to hit next year. Another soap may be washed out - "All My Children" on the rocks.
- TCM has issued a press release detailing the special 150th Anniversary Civil War movies for April. Each Monday and Wednesday throughout the month will be a different theme. "Gone With The Wind" will kick things off at 7 p.m. (CST) on April 4, the same night as the NCAA men's basketball title game. Other films include "Glory" and "Gettysburg." Plus, "Birth of a Nation" by D.W. Griffith.
- CNN human shields? You make the call. Have we heard the WMD phrase yet? That would be Weapons of Mass Destruction.
- NBC: Illinois National Guard deployed to Libya...