Welcome back from the weekend. Here are a few items for you to grasp, wonder, or simply ignore as the week progresses. Stay tuned for additions and updates.
- UPDATE: 'Idol" announces songs will be pretaped. And it was bad.
- More unemployment numbers and this time not good, but they found it good. Huh? Well, at least it was under 400,000 is what I was told. Wow.
- Yes, this takes the place of Daily Dose from now on. Oh, by the way, I do a radio show, too.
- The unemployment numbers did not change over the weekend but those gas prices, ouch.
1. "Rango” - $38 million
2. “The Adjustment Bureau” - $20.9 million
3. “Beastly” - $10.1 million
Source: Box Office Mojo
Notes: "Rango" fuels another weak weekend at the box office. Sure, the top three movies were in double digits but still not strong and attendance was off. People still went and watched Johnny Depp. Well, not really Depp, his voice. Is anybody else getting tired of all the animated films yet? I am and do not get me started on 3D. "The Adjustment Bureau" is a film we have all seen before, just not this weekend, however. As for me, I could not get past the hat. So, you could say the BO is "Beastly." Sorry, had to do that. Was there any Oscar boost for “The King’s Speech”? Truth is, not really. The real loser of the weekend was a movie that was made a couple years back and it showed, “Take Me Home Tonight.” The answer was no as far taking it in tonight, or over the weekend. You know it’s bad when people note the best thing about it is the soundtrack.
Wrap it up:
- World food prices are way up. Unrest, you bet.
- Sooner or later, these gunman really aren't acting alone, right?
- Not all facts are fun.
- Tea Party will go after both parties, so look out.
- When Newt Gingrich appeared in this area for the Reagan Centennial celebrations, he hinted real LOUD that he was most likely going to jump in - - at least for now. From what people have told me, even if they do not want him to win, they want him in for the ideas he will bring to the race.
- You mean the government is not shut down? Darn the luck.
- Support will dwindle in Wisconsin now that Michael Moore has appeared.
- Where was I when my college class had that sex demonstration?
- You could make a drinking game out of the times you hear madness during March.
- Here we go again. How will you spell the leader of Libya's name?
- You do know when we all start riding bikes they will ask for a yearly fee to do so. Think of all that money lost by riding instead of driving. Plus, our electric bills will go up (not at first) when we all pile into those electric cars.
- I'm still trying to figure out why the digital switch was really needed. I still cannot get CBS on one of my TV sets, even with the box.
- By the way, George W. Bush stopped playing golf after the war began.