According to LIVE NATION, a group that has surely stood the test of time, now has the most successful tour of all-time. When all is said and done, U2 360 will have taken in a estimated $700 million, surpassing “The Bigger Bang” tour of The Rolling Stones from 2005-2007.
- Michael Shannon as Zod in new "Superman." Cast is being finalized and the more I get into it, the less I care.
- Nice PR, huh?
You just reached a budget deal so head on down the Lincoln Memorial and ponder.
That's what happened Friday night folks.
- Taking credit for the cuts in spending
- Nice attempt to steal the issue.
- It's just getting started my friends, this budget mess.
- I feel for those who must drive a greater distance to work than I do. It will make you not buy other things and that will hurt. And some outlets are now getting on board the idea that because the prices have risen so much, we are cutting back. No kidding!
Didn't want to cover that one too early, I guess.
WEEKEND BO: revised with a Sunday surprise has "Hanna" over "Arthur" now...
1. "Hop" - $21.6 million
- "Arthur 2011" - $12.2 million
- "Hanna" - $12.4 million
Source: Box Office Mojo
Notes: "Arthur 2011" was not well received
for good reason. No Dudley Moore as the drunk. Meanwhile "Hop" happened to roll
past the drunk and stay on top for second week in a row. Or did it? Russell
Brand is a voice in No. 1 and the star in No. 2 (note revised above). Not a bad
weekend. Now, let's take a look at the budget for "Hop." It came in with a
budget of $68 million and has now made that back in ten days. "Rango" had a
budget of $135 million and has been out longer and has yet to nab $70 million.
Just a thought to pass along. "Your Highness" couldn't even puff out a number to
get it past "Insidious" and "Soul Surfer" did just fine for the style of movie
- Easter without saying Easter Egg. Wow. I was just
handed this item as well. A candyless Easter basket. No, make that candyless
basket that will be in the house on a certain date.
I wasn't kidding: . Don’t Call Them Easter Eggs,
Intolerant Monsters! They are Spring
- Time for another deer in headlights segment. This list is
for those who use these terms. They just may find many of us wanting to get away from the conversation or just act like a "Deer in Headlights."
1. Charlie Sheen
2. Budget, deficit and all the rest.
3. Barry Bonds
4. The other side of the aisle.
5. Something for everyone.
6. Politicians who speak for the American people.
7. Oh, I like
him or her even though they are a
republican. I rarely hear that the other